I love sauces that are quick, rich, creamy and versatile. This creamy white wine lemon caper sauce recipe covers all those bases. The rich, lemony sauce can be used on pasta, fish, vegetables, chicken, shrimp and so much more. With minimal prep and cook time, this is one sauce you’ll want to add to your recipe box.
All you need to make this white wine sauce is white wine, fresh lemon juice, heavy cream, freshly grated Parmesan cheese and capers. The sauce cooks on the stovetop in about five minutes from start to finish. Use the sauce immediately on fresh cooked pasta, grilled chicken, fish (try it over salmon), shrimp or roasted vegetables (it’s amazing over asparagus!). You can use the sauce immediately or store it in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Don’t use expensive wine for this sauce. Do buy something you would drink, but save the pricey stuff to serve with dinner.
- When it comes to lemon juice, fresh is always best, so squeeze those lemons for this recipe.
- Have the heavy cream at room temperature so it cooks more quickly and incorporates better into the other ingredients.
How will you use this white wine sauce? Tell us in the comments section below.
Cuisine: Italian / American
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream, at room temperature
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons capers
Here’s how to make it:
- Bring the white wine and lemon juice to a boil in a saucepot.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the heavy cream. Gently simmer for 4 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and stir in the Parmesan cheese and capers.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here’s how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.