Combining spiralized zucchini and spaghetti makes for a texturally interesting, feel-good meal that’s on the lighter side but still hits the spot every time. Sour cream provides just the right amount of creaminess while fresh lemon juice adds a welcome touch of brightness.
Advertisement – Continue Reading Below
- 4 serving(s)
- Total Time:
- 30 mins
- 8 oz.
- 2 1/2 tbsp.
olive oil, divided
- 1 lb.
boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp.
Kosher salt and pepper
small shallot, finely chopped
clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 c.
dry white wine
- 1/2 c.
- 2 c.
- 1 lb.
Grated lemon zest plus 1 tbsp. lemon juice
Grated Parmesan, for serving
- Step 1Cook pasta per package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Step 2Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large deep-sided skillet on medium-high. Season chicken with Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook, turning occasionally, until golden brown all over, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Step 3In same skillet, heat 1/2 tablespoon oil on medium. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until translucent, 1 minute. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add wine and simmer until reduced by half, 2 minutes. Whisk in sour cream and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Step 4Remove skillet from heat, add spaghetti, and toss, adding reserved pasta water 2 tablespoons at a time as needed, until saucy. Fold in spinach to wilt (return to heat as necessary).
- Step 5Meanwhile, in large bowl, toss zoodles with lemon juice and remaining tablespoon oil until coated. Add pasta and toss to combine, then toss with chicken. Serve topped with lemon zest and Parmesan.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving): About 497 calories, 17.5 g fat (4.5 g saturated), 77 mg cholesterol, 451 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g sugar (0 g added sugar), 34 g protein
Did you make this recipe? Comment below!
Tina (she/her) is the food producer of the Hearst Lifestyle Group. She comes to Hearst with 10 years experience in the world of food styling for editorial, digital and television platforms. When she’s not cooking in her tiny Brooklyn kitchen, she can be found enjoying a beer at a local brewery, hiking in a national park or enjoying an afternoon at the beach.