Pasta casseroles are one dish you should put on your weekly dinner recipe rotation, especially this easy five-ingredient tortellini casserole recipe. With minimal ingredients and prep time, you can do other things or toss together a fresh salad while it bakes in the oven.
The pasta casserole recipe has simple ingredients that are probably already in your kitchen: frozen tortellini, marinara sauce, alfredo sauce, mozzarella cheese and either Italian sausage or ground beef. First cook the meat in a skillet, then add the sauces and tortellini. Layer the casserole with mozzarella cheese and bake until cheesy and golden on top.
The marinara sauce and alfredo sauce combine to make a tasty pink sauce in this tortellini recipe. If you’re vegetarian, you could simply leave the meat out. If you like this pasta casserole, here are a few more to try:
Dump-and-Bake Meatball Pasta Casserole
Spinach Artichoke Pasta Casserole
Mexican Penne Pasta Casserole
Amish Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 bags (19 ounces each) frozen tortellini
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1 jar (15 ounces) alfredo sauce
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 12 ounces bulk Italian sausage or ground beef
Here’s how to make it:
- Cook the Italian sausage or ground beef in a skillet until cooked through (if using ground beef, season with salt and black pepper). Add the marinara sauce and alfredo sauce. Stir to combine. Stir in the tortellini.
- Put half of the tortellini mixture into the bottom of a 13×9-inch baking dish. Top with half of the mozzarella. Add the remaining tortellini and top with remaining cheese. Cover the casserole with foil.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 30 minutes. Uncover and bake about 10 more minutes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here’s how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.